10.08.2014

spiced pumpkin pecan granola


The change of seasons, from free-spirited summer months to cozy autumn days, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The change is not only evident in the vivid colored trees that line the streets and the leaves that crunch under foot, but I'm also feeling it on the inside. I'm ready for something new. I'm ready to leave the old behind, pick up everything, and go. I'm ready to run with open arms to the new opportunities that are just around the corner. It's so exciting. 


While I'd surely rather be boarding an airplane and getting on my way to some faraway country, I don't think that will be happening anytime soon (but hey, you never know :)). Since coming home from our time in Africa, I've realized a seed has been planted inside of me that doesn't want to stay in one place for too long. As I go to new places, the seed grows, begins to sprout, and turns into full-on addiction that's begging to be fed. And the only way that will happen is if I go somewhere new, somewhere I'm not used to, and emerge my self in the culture and new surroundings. Mmm, that just sounds glorious. 


While I wait for these opportunities to present themselves, I'll be cuddling in bed with endless cups of tea, fuzzy socks, my knitting project, and bowls of pumpkin granola. YES. Pumpkin granola. This is real life, guys. Typically, I'm a purist when it comes to granola. Give me the basics, and I'm happy. But since I was away from my beloved pumpkin for three years, let's just say we're making up for lost time. I can't even explain this granola except for it tastes like autumn in a bowl. Pumpkin puree, maple syrup, cozy spices, chopped pecans, and sweet raisins make for one glorious breakfast.

You'll never regret adding pumpkin to your granola, I promise. 
Comfort zones are overrated anyways. 


spiced pumpkin pecan granola

2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 tbsp. pure maple syrup (or honey)
1/4 c. pumpkin puree
2 tbsp. brown sugar
3 1/2 c. oats
2/3 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 c. raisins
1/2 c. raw pecans, roughly chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. 
2. In a large bowl, mix all wet ingredients together until smooth. 
3. Add oats and spices. Stir until evenly combined. 
4. Gently fold in chopped pecans and raisins. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. 
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely before transferring to an airtight container, jar, or plastic bag. 


Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. I have only made granola one time I think. It has been years.

    I couldn't leave a comment the day I first read this. Glad it is working now.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very impressed with your blog. You have great talent and creativity in culinary arts! If you are still in high school, you may want to check out this food writing contest: www.youth-food.org Deadline: 01/01/2015

    Best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He most weak, the barbour jacket sale most unsuspecting place was Cheap heel kick with a bit. I am the grass, you want me to die without sons ah. barbour wax jacket sale I want to barbour sale uk go home for dinner, do not play with you. Cheap was about to release, but it was barbour wax jacket sale a super-strong lower body pain. cheap tightly clutching his barbour wax jacket sale crotch, barbour quilted jacket sale unprecedented sad to let him frowned, his forehead covered with sweat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder asics trainers clearance known to everybody under the sun. asics trainers clearance sale Although I never met you,cheap feel really good http://www.asicstrainersclearance.co.uk too, asics trainers clearance a little too bully people, but was pretty cool. asics trainers clearance Know that, cheap asics trainers clearance when three buildings street light brother thing, light Ding monkey light. but grok long ah. Schweitzer had long admired, I dare light brother, could lend the sword brother Dances.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new law requires background checks of unpaid volunteers cheap ray bans who are “responsible for the welfare of a child or having direct contact with children.” The law defines direct contact as the “care, supervision, guidance or control of children or ray ban wayfarers online routine interaction with children.” The state will be providing guidance on the law. Stephen Fisher, director of school services for the state Department of Education, said it will be necessary to ray ban sunglasses australia distinguish between school visitors and school volunteers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cheap brought into the room, oakley sunglasses for cheap as if the teacher saw his beloved disciples, heartfelt joy. Living room to sit down, smiling president looked cheap, oakley factory outlet store Principals oakley factory outlet store take golden eyes, laughed, and immediately put his arm around the oakley factory outlet storeshoulders of and then come oakley factory outlet store up http://www.rotisseriejules.com with their own long-treasured gold Diaopai cigarettes, one hundred and thirty box, exquisite exterio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cracher du sang et a lutté nike air max 2015 pas cher pour une longue nike air max 2015 pas cher période n'a pas debout. nike air max 2015 pas cher pas cher jeté un http://www.airmax2015factory.fr coup de genou, en seulement trois pour cent de l'effort a été mis Zhuangfei. Mo Radiant gisant sur le sol, Dogleg Chuaikai homme marchant vers pas cher, nike air max 2015 pas cher teneur élevée en fer ramassé sur la vente.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3 Researches REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by eating coconut fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!